Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What is the scientific name for light filtering through the clouds?

Last year, my uncle mentioned to me that there's a name (besides ray, sunbeam, and other layman's terms) for when that curtain of light filters through the clouds. I've forgotten it since then, but it's rather important that I find out. Do you know the scientific name for that occurrence?

What is the scientific name for light filtering through the clouds?
I've heard the term Buddha's Rays to describe that effect. Not sure if that's the term you're looking for.





Edit: they're also called Crepuscular Rays.





http://www.islandnet.com/~see/weather/el...
Reply:Emmerustytongue is right, it is called crepuscular rays. I gave him a thumb-up and you should give him ten points.


No comments:

Post a Comment